W1863—15" Planer with Spiral Cutterhead
No corners were cut when putting together this feature-rich 15" planer. With its 4-flute spiral cutterhead, 52 indexable four-sided carbide inserts, and two-speed gearbox, ultra-smooth surfacing is the new normal, even on figured grain. Other features include a pedestal-mounted switch, precision-ground cast-iron infeed and outfeed tables, and large board return rollers for efficient production. CSA certified.
- Spiral cutterhead with triple V-belt drive
- 2-speed chain-driven automatic feed rollers
- Hardened anti-kickback fingers
- Precision-ground cast-iron table and extension wings
- Locking table
- Magnetic switch overload protection
- Ball bearing return rollers
- Depth scales in both inch and metric
- Pedestal-mounted control panel
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, 15A, single-phase
- Maximum cutting width: 15"
- Maximum cutting height: 6"
- Minimum stock thickness: 3/16"
- Minimum stock length: 6"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Feed rate: 16 FPM & 20 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Cutterhead inserts: 52
- Cutterhead flutes: 4
- Infeed rollers: solid serrated steel
- Outfeed rollers: knurled steel
- Table size with extension wings: 15" x 48"
- Dust port: 4"
- Approximate shipping weight: 581 lbs.
- CSA certified