W1852—22" x 42" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe
Wood turners who enjoy making large bowls, vases, furniture pieces, and other large-diameter projects require power, capacity and high-torque to meet their performance needs. You get all three and then some with this burly lathe that weighs in at over a quarter-of-a-ton. With a 3 HP, 3-phase motor that runs off of single-phase power, electronic variable speed control, 22" of swing, and 1-1/4" x 8 TPI RH spindle, this lathe delivers the goods to gratify even the most discerning of turners. Features a variable speed range of 100 – 3200 RPM, perfect for both large and small turning projects and finishing.
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase
- Required power supply: 220V, single-phase, 15A
- Swing over bed: 22"
- Swing over tool rest base (banjo): 18
- Swing over tool rest: 16"
- Distance between centers: 42"
- 1-1/4" x 8 TPI RH headstock spindle
- MT#2 headstock and tailstock tapers
- Variable speed: 100–3200 RPM
- Low speed range of 100–1200 RPM and high speed range of 100–3200 RPM
- Tool rest width: 14
- Electronic variable-speed control with digital readout for spindle RPM
- Headstock positions anywhere along the bed
- 10º spindle indexing
- Single-phase frequency drive provides 3-phase variable-speed control and additional torque without requiring a 3-phase power supply
- Forward/reverse spindle control
- 4-1/4" tailstock barrel travel
- Includes spur center, cupped live center, knock-out tool, tool rest, 6" faceplate, and indexing pin
- Tailstock, headstock, and tool rest support have lever-action cam locks for quick positioning
- Overall dimensions: 81" long x 49-1/2" high x 23" deep
- Approximate shipping weight: 584 lbs.