W1742H—15" Planer with Built-in Mobile Base and Helical Cutterhead
Theis 15" planer is equipped with a pedestal-mounted thermal-overload safety switch, cast-iron extension wings, an enclosed cabinet stand, two-speed gearbox, a helical cutterhead and a built-in mobile base. You’ll find everything you ever wanted in a 15" planer, including an affordable price. PLEASE NOTE: For machines manufactured before March 2015, order the D4018 for replacement carbide inserts. For machines manufactured after April 2015, order the D3379 replacement carbide inserts.
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum cutting width: 15"
- Maximum cutting height: 8"
- Minimum stock width: 3/16"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead type: Spiral with German-made indexable carbide inserts
- Feed Rate: 16 FPM & 30 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Cutterhead speed: 5,000 RPM
- Table size including wings: 42"L x 15"W x 1-3/4"T
- Number of Indexable Inserts: 74
- Approximate shipping weight: 718 lbs.