W1813—18" Open End Wide Belt Sander - 3 HP Single-Phase
Eighteen inches is usually wide enough for most sanding applications, but if you need more capacity without committing the space or the expense required for a larger closed-end sander, you can just flip the workpiece around and feed it back through for a total sanding capacity of 36". The open-end design with heavy castings and counterbalanced motor position provides sanding flexibility—without sacrificing rigidity. Variable-speed conveyor feed, pneumatic belt tracking, and an oscillating belt ensure the very best results possible.
- Sanding drum motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, TEFC, 14A
- Sanding motor speed: 1725 RPM
- Power transfer (sanding motor): direct drive
- Feed motor: 1/10 HP, 220V Universal
- Surface speed of sanding drum: 1850 FPM
- Conveyor feed rate: 5-17 FPM
- Max. sanding width: 18" per pass (36" total)
- Max. sanding thickness: 6"
- Min. stock thickness: 1/4"
- Min. stock length: 6"
- Sanding belt size: 19" x 48"
- Required air pressure: 57 PSI
- Footprint: 25"W x 17-1/2"D
- Height with dust port: 62-1/2"
- Variable-speed conveyor feed
- Pneumatic belt tracking
- Emergency brake system
- Spring belt tensioning system
- Amp load meter
- 4" dust port
- Approximate shipping weight: 562 lbs.