W1671—3/4 HP Heavy-Duty Mortising Machine
This king of benchtop mortisers is a rugged, high-quality machine with all the features found in the best mortisers made, but with none of their faults. The super heavy-duty fence and hold down eliminate unwanted wood movement and “sticking chisels,” (an all too common complaint), ensuring accurate and fast operation. The unique swiveling base allows easy off-the-bench operations and opens new possibilities for custom mortises. The precision 1/2" chuck eliminates the need to modify chisels and bits, and the extra height capacity allows the use of stock up to 7-3/8" thick. The all-steel quick-adjust depth stop is easy to set and provides a positive stop for repeatable operations. With features like an adjustable length, solid-steel quick-positioning handle, 8-piece tool holder, easy two-door chuck access, large base, and twin hardened-and-ground columns, you’ll see why this is one of the most popular mortising machines on the market!
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, 3450 RPM, aluminum-finned
- Adjustable depth-stop rod
- Hydraulic cylinder for softer releases
- Double-support columns
- JT #2 spindle, 1/2" JT #2 chuck
- Mortise to the center of an 8" wide board
- Mortise lumber to 8-1/2" thick
- Heavy cast-iron construction
- Extra-long (22") quick-set handle
- Unique swiveling base
- Micro-adjustable fence
- Includes 1/2" Mortising Chisel
- Approximate shipping weight: 92 lbs.